We assemble, educate, equip, empower farmers in Cameroon, so they attain needed knowledge & skills to grow sustainable cocoa crop
We provide training to cocoa farmers including smallholders, organized groups, cooperatives in Cameroon, to be business oriented
We link farmers we work with directly to market, ensuring fair income & real-time database driven cocoa beans traceability, from farm to bar
Committed to sustainable farming and consumption:
We and our partners recognize that actions are as important as how we do business. Together we have a responsibility to our environment, business and the communities in which we operate and understand that to achieve success in the long term, cocoa economic growth, we must be sustainable.
We work directly with cocoa farmers to facilitate the realization of the Dutch, 2030, cocoa sector promise (Dutch Initiative on Sustainable Cocoa) document. We implement the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
Fair Income is key to securing cocoa sustainability. Together with our partners, we are determined to make sure cocoa farmers obtain fair income for their cocoa beans.
Next to training and capacity building, we work with traders, chocolatier and retailers to provide direct access to market for the farmers we work with.
Our partners will be able to source sustainable produce cocoa beans directly form smallholders, organized groups, cooperatives and local trader we work with in Cameroon.
Traceability is the only important way to a larger solution for crop and environmental protection. Cocoa businesses must ensure traceability to secure a sustainable supply chain. How can you meet the growing consumer demand for traceability in the food they consume from your supply chains?
Sourcing from our partner ensure complete traceability from farm to bar including:
• Complete product and transaction history;
• Access to real-time tracing data of product condition, movement, location, and transactions;
• Linkage and easier communication between businesses partners;
• Track products from origin farmers to end consumer;
• Real-time data that address consumer desire for transparency in what they consume regarding: farmers income, child labour, deforestation;
• Enable transparent interactions between the producing and the buying partners;
• Have data readily available for compliance and committed sustainability requirements;
• Effective and reliable trace provenance more quickly in the event of a crisis situation.
The FCA aims to contribute to this momentum by creating a portfolio of programs that will promote sustainable agriculture, forestry and smarter land-use practices in an integrated approach for cocoa farming.
Our model of change presents the logic behind FCA interventions and sets out how we meet our objectives. Our actions are bottom up and therefore realistic and transparent.
• We train cocoa farmers on how to grow their crop alongside tress and the feasibility of nature;
• We provide technical supervision and engage in capacity building of coop, groups and smallholder cocoa farmers;
Enabling Cocoa Sustainability
How We Help Transform Cocoa Farmers Lives
Identifying cocoa farmers concerns and the needs of cocoa growing communities, and develop strategies through projects to provide sustainable solutions.
Deforestation Free Cocoa Farming
Social and Environmental Responsibility
We minimize our impact on the environment and contribute through our doings in reducing carbon impact in cocoa farming business in Cameroon.