Membership will provide you opportunity to connect with others who share the value to secure a sustainable cocoa sector from bottom to top. As a bottom up cocoa sector non-profit alliance, we believe together we can influence positive change at national level in the cocoa sector, that will ensure long-term cocoa sustainability.
Membership is open for cooperatives, farmer and trade union, NGO’s, civil society and consumer organizations who are committed to support the implementation of our 2030 Cocoa Sector Vision, that aims to professionalized cocoa farming, define stakeholders role and responsibilities, bring transparency and accountability.
As a member of Farmgate Cocoa Alliance you are responsible to
- Fully adhere to the statutes, policies and rules of the Farmgate Cocoa Alliance
- Pay annual membership fee each year in advance
- Attend all Board Meeting of the alliance
- Ensure allocation of time/human resources to the alliance
- Contribute for the development of the strategic future activities
- Inform Farmgate Cocoa Alliance Secretariat of any changes in your organisation, including a new contact person, name, change of statutes, vision or mission of your organization
- Inform the Secretariat of their separate work with a strategic partners that might be overlapping or conflicting with our alliance common values
In addition to the basic responsibilities, Farmgate Cocoa Alliance members are also invited to commit to the following:
- Participate in and contribute to Board Meetings, reviews of activities, discussions about future plan, and other alliance activities
- Engage to develop joint advocacy and lobby activities
- Participate in and contribute to working groups of the alliance
- Share information and good practices with the alliance
- Raise awareness about the alliance and help recruit potential new members
- Encourage and search for outside donors for the alliance
- Participate to raise funds to develop and implement projects
Membership fees is significant to ensuring the work and commitment of the Farmgate Cocoa Alliance to its members. Membership fee is a legitimate and unrestricted way to generate funds, that will be used in promote our common value, which as a result Farmgate Cocoa Alliance depend on members fee.
Next to membership fee, members can also express their support and commitment to the alliance, making other free will contribution which is a key indicator for the alliance to be less dependent and therefore, is capable to reach its goals.
The amount to be paid by each member organisation depends on the size of the organization and their annual budget, and or income.
Additional clause: For member who are also provide the alliance with funding of other activities such as, project, advocacy and lobby. Such extra support will help move the activities of the alliance in the right direction, and fast tracking our impacts.
Membership amount will be communicated to a member after applying and receiving such application form
Membership Application Form
The Secretariat receive and reviews applications for membership. Applicant for membership must meet all criteria and requirements to become a member to the Farmgate Cocoa Alliance. We reserves the right not to accept and or not to accept an application form. Become a Member Today
Our team will get back to you within days after receiving your membership application form.
- Access to training and capacity building activities
- Exclusive opportunity to have a direct buyer for you cocoa bean
- Certificate of Membership
- Opportunity to have advance farming tools
- Access to have improve planting materials to improve your cocoa sustainability performance and increase yield
- Opportunity to attend and participate at the Global Cocoa Farmers Conference (GCFC)
- Free ticket and a high chance to have your travel and accommodation taking care of to attend the Global Cocoa Farmers Conference (GCFC)
- Chance to be nominated and voted to be an Executive Board Member
- Possibility to be appointed, and or invited to join FCA Advisory Board
- Your voice is listed to in your country and also at the international level sustainability in the development and implementation of cocoa policy
- Prospects to display your sustainability ambition to other sector partners at national and international levels
- World-wide working network to combine creativities on projects and best farming tools
- Prospects to display your sustainability achievements with others in producing and consuming spectators
- Have full and free access to our collective training materials and inputs tactics that improve sustainability performance and increase yield
- Free tickets to attend our annual Global Cocoa Farmers Conference (GCFC), ticket number is based on the size of member
- Special Travel and Accommodation cost to attend the Global Cocoa Farmers Conference (GCFC) annual conference, through FCA invitation
- Opportunity to decide, nominate, and to vote Executive Board Members
- Opportunity to be invited to join the Advisory Board
- Chance to have your logo use on FCA print materials including online publications
- Access to all FCA sustainability initiatives
- Opportunity to engage and propose your ideas to be use in FCA negotiation with governments in national and international cocoa policy
- Possibility to attain an Invitation to attend only farmers oriented shared activities
- Receive first-hand insight on the activities of the FCA activities at producing and consuming countries
- Access to FCA reports, survey and monitoring activities based on farmers, sustainability, human and environmental data and performance
- Participate in joint activities, events, advocacy and lobby to leverage your and shared objectives
- Participate in the network’s thematic working groups or initiate a working group on your thematic priority
- Benefit from capacity building activities of the alliance, learn from others and share your expertise with members
- Receive information about our work on the ground such as: farmer, farm and consumer-related issues
- Updates on implementation and minitoring activities on climate change, deforestation and other developments
- Promote your organisation’s work to a global audience including your logo display on our website
- Network, share and exchange knowledge and experience within the alliance
- Enlarge your personal and professional networks in the cocoa sector worldwide